Safety and Temporary residence permit
In general, Poland is a safe country for foreigners, and most visitors and tourists experience no difficulties. Anyway please keep in mind the following:
- avoid situations that could be dangerous;
- let everyone know you have arrived safely, keep your family updated on your travel plans and your contact information (phone numbers, e-mail addresses);
- keep useful numbers in your mobile phone. Set an ICE contact (in case of emergency);
- make sure you know how to contact your embassy in Warsaw;
- monitor your alcohol consumption;
- be careful when using public transport. It is easy to get robbed in a crowd;
- keep your money and valuables safe, never leave any documents, mobile phones, money, other valuables in easily accessible and visible places;
- avoid carrying large amount of cash on you;
Please inform us of any emergency situation so that we can be in touch with your home university Coordinator and assist you as necessary.
War Studies University inform students about Fire Safety, Personal Safety and Health Regulations at the University. All necessary information are given to the students during Orientation Week.
Please check our website about Medical facilities: http://www.akademia.mil.pl/general-description-of-the-institution/detail,nID,4459
Temporary residence permit
Registration of the citizen of the EU or from outside of the EU in Poland is required in case of the stay longer than 3 months.
Registration of the EU citizents
- A citizen of a Member State of the European Union, or a Member State of the European Free Trade Association (EFTA)
Information are on the website: https://www.mazowieckie.pl/en/for-foreigners-1/european-union/registration-of-an-eu
The application form should be submitted by a foreigner IN PERSON to an office of the Department of Foreigners no later than on the next day following the end of the period of 3 months after her/his entry into the territory of Poland
- Registration via website: https://kolejka-wsc.mazowieckie.pl/rezerwacje/pol/login or in person, at 3/5 Marszałkowska St., mezzanine, stand 21 (ticket with the letter I) office hours: 10:00 a.m.-5:30 p.m. (Monday), 8:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. (Tuesday - Friday).
Documents to submit
- 1 copy of an application for registering the residence (including two copies will seed up the application process)
- a travel document or another document confirming your identity and citizenship (including one copy will seed up the application process).
- document confirming health insurance coverage (for example EHIC)
- an admittance certificate issued by a University (with information about financial grant)
Residence registration and the issue of a certificate of an EU citizen's residence registration is made immediately, no fees are charged. A certificate of an EU citizen's residence registration is valid for an indefinite period of time.
Registration of the non-EU citizents
Information on the website: https://www.mazowieckie.pl/en/for-foreigners-1/residence/temporary-residence-pe/education
- at the office of the Department of Foreigners, located
at 3/5 Marszałkowska St. in Warsaw, 1st floor, stands 14, 16, only after prior arrangement for a specific day and time open: 10 am - 5:30 pm (Monday), 8 am - 3 pm (Tuesday - Friday)
- (Monday) - ul. Jagiellońska 54 in Warsaw (Multicultural Center, public transport stop - Haller Square)
- the Registry Office of the Mazowieckie Province Office, at pl. Bankowy 3/5, entrance F (Al. Solidarności) OPen: 8 am - 4 pm (Monday - Friday)
Documents to submit:
- 2 copies of the application for a temporary residence permit completed in accordance with the instructions;
- 4 recent colour photographs, undamaged, size 45x35 mm, made in the last six months on a plain white background, with good focus, clearly showing the eyes and face from the top of the head to the top of the shoulders; the face should occupy 70-80% of the photograph; the photograph should show the person looking straight ahead with their eyes open, not covered by hair, with a natural facial expression and mouth closed;
- A valid travel document (2 photocopies);
- Documents confirming having health insurance or coverage by the insurer of the cost of treatment in Poland;
- Confirmation from the university of acceptance for studies;
- Evidence of sufficient funds to cover the costs of living and return travel to the country of origin or residence and the cost of tuition/ training course.
- in person, no later than on the last day of your legal residence in Poland;
- You can pick up your residence card in person only;
PLN 340 at the time of submission of the application, payable to the bank account
Please remember: Failure to comply with the obligation to register one's residence on the territory of the Republic of Poland is subject to a fine.